domingo, 2 de janeiro de 2011

The Story Siren's 2011 Debut Author Challenge

Okay, I'm not really one into entering these kind of challenges, because I'm way too messy to keep up with a theme throughout my readings, but guess what, I couldn't resist this time. This challenge has many books I was dying to read this year, so I might as well try to challenge myself and achieve some kind of personal goal with this.

The first challenge I'm entering is:


This challenge is hosted by The Story Siren. You can sign up here and you can read the FAQ here. To check what books are eligible for the challenge, please go here and here.

As for the books I'll be reading, this is a working list and will probably change later on. Since I live in Portugal, it's very likely none of these books are published here yet, so I can choose from any list available (US, UK and Canada).

From the UK list I chose:
  • Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
  • My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  • The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
  • The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney *
  • Firelight by Sophie Jordan
 
From the US list I chose:
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  • The Demon Trapper's Daughter (a. k. a. Forsaken) by Jana Oliver *
  • Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
  • A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
  • Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
  • The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
The ones with a * after them are debut releases in both the US and the UK.
 
Well this makes 13 books. Hahaha, what a lucky number. We're required to read at least 12 books, so I may or may not add more as the year goes on. It'll depend on how my reading goes. Also, I chose releases early in the year because those are the ones I've heard/read more about.

That's it for this one I think. I'm going to sign up now.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário