domingo, 5 de janeiro de 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Read-a-Thon - Starting Post

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Wow, I haven't done a read-a-thon in a while. I kinda missed it, a lot. You know, all the excitement that goes into getting ready for it - writing this post, thinking about my goals, coming up with a book pile I'd like to explore... I'm glad to be doing it again. The last few months have been hectic for me, so it'll be nice to sit back and just read.

Please consider this my sign up post and my goals post, since I feel like I would be repeating myself, doing separate posts for either.

My goals:
  • To read every day, and to read for at least an hour (maybe two hours, but no pressure)
  • To enter some challenges, if not all of them
  • To update my progress every day, or most likely, every day I enter a challenge
  • To try to socialize
  • To read at least 3 fiction books, and perhaps a few comic books/manga, or a few short stories/novellas

As for the books I'd like to read, I put together a pile of books I might like to read in the next few days, but as always, I'll probably change my mind, so no pressure to stick to the pile:
  • Frigid, Jennifer L. Armentrout/J. Lynn
  • Just One Day, Gayle Forman
  • The Shadowhunter's Codex, Cassandra Clare, Joshua Lewis
  • The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister, George R.R. Martin [Portuguese edition]
  • Dead Ever After, Charlaine Harris [Portuguese edition]
  • JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice [Portuguese edition, this collects a couple more issues, but this seems to be the main story]
  • The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, Kate Egan

I have an e-book I'd really like to read as well, and that is:
  • Bitter Sweet Love, Jennifer L. Armentrout

Yes, I'll probably read two JLA books this week, but with the speed she writes and publishes stuff, one has to really work on being updated with her books, lol... I love them, though. ;)

So, I think that's it. To everyone who is entering the read-a-thon, good luck with your goals, and have fun!

3 comentários:

  1. Good luck with your goals as well. It's the first time I participate in a read-a-thon and I'm bit excited. Have fun reading so many great books. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you. ^_^ I hope you have fun entering your first read-a-thon, Thannya! :D And most of all, I hope you read great books with this read-a-thon. ;)

      Eliminar