segunda-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Read-a-Thon - Wrap-up Post

Bout of Books

And it's a wrap-up for the Bout of Books 9.0 Read-a-Thon! I'm so excited and happy with how things went for me this past week... I suspect I didn't do a lot better than the average week, but I did read a lot, I had fun, I relaxed and I enjoyed reading like I hadn't for a while now. So, it was, overall, a very good week for me.

Taking a look at my goals, I managed:
  • To read every day, and to most definitely read for more than an hour
  • To enter most challenges... I might have even entered all of them, but some were a bit repetitive, and I just wasn't motivated to do them all over again - which, unfortunately, made me miss one of my favourite challenges, Book Spine Poetry
  • To update my progress every day, even in the days I didn't enter a challenge
  • To try to socialize - my socialization was only to participate in the challenges, which is a bit lame... I wanted to partake in a Twitter chat again, but I totally forgot to check their schedule, and I missed two of them (the third was scheduled for a time I was asleep, so definitely no Twitter chat for me then); I really wanted to get to know a few new blogs, but aside from the challenges hosts, I didn't
  • To read 2 fiction books - a novel (Frigid by J. Lynn/Jennifer L. Armentrout) and a novella (Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout) -, a companion book that felt like a fiction book (The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis), and two more companion books (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion by Kate Egan; A Ironia e Sabedoria de Tyrion Lannister (The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister) by George R.R. Martin) - and, bonus, all the books I read were from my original pile, which is a first for me... maybe I am getting better at planning things

Statistically:
  • I read 984 pages, a 100 pages more than the last read-a-thon I did (888 pages), and a bit more than last year's weekly page count (960 pages)
  • This is an average of 141 pages a day, which is also only a little higher than last year's daily page count (137 pages)
  • However, I read more books (5 books) than the weekly average for me last year (3,5 books), which could be explained by the fact that I probably read shorter books this week (each book had an average 196,8 pages, versus the average 274 pages each book I read last year had)
  • The longest book was The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis (288 pages) and the shortest book was Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout (104 pages)

And that's it for me. I'd like to thank the hosts and everyone who hosted a challenge; it was a fun ride.

Below are my posts for the read-a-thon, both the starting post as well as the daily update posts, which contain both my progress and my answers to the challenges.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário