sexta-feira, 23 de agosto de 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Read-a-Thon - Friday, August 23rd

Pages read today: 112 + 128 = 240

Pages read so far: 436 + 240 = 676

Books read today:
112/112 pages (100%) of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - The Little Book of Quotes, Cassandra Clare
128/128 pages (100%) of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - Shadowhunter's Guide, Mimi O'Connor
0/216 pages (0%) of O Pistoleiro (The Gunslinger), Stephen King - currently reading

I've made a pause on The Gunslinger, the pacing is so darn slow, and it's driving me crazy; also, the author raises so many questions but is giving no answers, which is so frustrating. I'll try to finish it in the weekend. Menawhile, I thought I could use a little pick-me-up and I decided to read the movie tie-in books for City of Bones, to get me in the mood to see the movie.

Books read so far:
Mulher-Maravilha: Quem é a Mulher-Maravilha?, George Pérez, Phil Jimenez, Allan Heinberg, Terry Dodson - read
JSA Classified: Honor Among Thieves, Jen Van Meter, Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Olliffe, Don Kramer - read


Challenge: Bookish Mad Libs hosted by Shaunie @ The Space Between
If you have never played Mad Libs before I think you are in for a treat!  Mad Libs is a word game where one player prompts another player for a list of words that they will then fit into a prepared story.  The player supplying the words doesn't get to know what the story is beforehand, only what type of word is needed, so you can imagine how silly it can get!

I have made up a list of what words you need to supply, but they must all come from an actual book title, or be a character whose title or series you must list.  You do not have to have these books in your possession, so go out and search the interwebs for the most fantastic books you can find, as long as I can verify they are real!  You may even use a full or partial title instead of one word, if that title or phrase fits the category asked for, as I will show below.

A. Place name or type (from a book title) can be a proper name or noun like Italy or mountains
B. Fave Villain (from a book - list title/series)
C. Adjective (from a book title) (hot, cold, dark, etc.)
D. Number (from a book title)
E. Noun (from a book title)
F. Fave Hero/Heroine you wouldn't mind spending a LOT of time with (from a book - list title/series)
G. Dessert (from a book title)
Here are my answers:
A) Summerset Abbey (Summerset Abbey, T.J. Brown)
B) Dracula (Dracula, Bram Stoker)
C) Lucky (The Lucky Ones, Anna Godbersen)
D) Four (I am Number Four, Pittacus Lore)
E) Book (The Book Thief, Markus Zusak)
F) Anne Elliot (Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen)
G) Pie (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows)

And filling the template:
Help! I'm being held captive at Summerset Abbey, by Dracula!
It is very lucky here!
He is demanding four books to set me free!
I have just discovered that Anne Elliot was captured too!
On second thought, please send pies, and don't worry if you don't hear from us for awhile!

Much Love,
p7 @ Bookeater/Booklover

Ha! This was fun! I'd never done one of these, but the template filled with my suggestions ended up so silly-sounding, lol.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário