The Wicked Valentine’s Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of February 7-17 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile! We know real life gets in the way and even if you can’t participate more than one day, you’re welcome to join in on the fun! - My Shelf Confessions
Okay, I yielded and signed up for this read-a-thon. I shouldn't, because I've been having a few busy and tiring days and I will be having some more next week... but hey, I can't pass up a RAT, I guess. I'll be modest with my goals, though. I like that I have more than a week to read in this read-a-thon, so I'll establish the goals I'd probably go for if this was just a week-long, for that purpose of modesty. No pressure.
- To read every day, and to read for at least an hour
- To enter some challenges
- To update my progress every day, or most likely, every day I enter a challenge
- To read 2 or 3 fiction books, and mix it up with a few comic books/manga, or a few short stories/novellas
As for the books I'd like to read, I may or may not read books from this pile. But I'd really, really, like to read books from this pile. I know I'm being vague, but I like to keep my options open.
- A Mad, Wicked Folly, Sharon Biggs Waller
- Boundless, Cynthia Hand
- Someday This Pain Will Be Useful To You, Peter Cameron [Portuguese edition]
- The Edge of Never, J.A. Redmerski [Portuguese edition]
- Letters from Skye, Jessica Brockmole [Portuguese edition]
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman [Portuguese edition]
- Pivot Point, Kasie West
Pivot Point is being read for a read-a-long with a friend, so I'll probably read only part of it.
To everyone who is entering the read-a-thon, good luck with your goals, and have fun!