Pages read so far:
30% (92/304 pages) of Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien
Books read so far:
Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien (currently reading)
A good first day, I had fun with the challenge.
All you have to do is give one or more recommendations based on the formula "If you like ____, try ___."
The specifics are entirely up to you. You can give a recommendation based on an entire genre, an author, a title, a random subject, whatever!
Ok, let me see what I come up with...
If you like your Historical Fiction...
- with a flavor of mystery and romance, try A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee
- with a touching friendship and heart-wrenching, try Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Alternate, try The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay
- with a paranormal twist, try The Diviners by Libba Bray
If you liked The Hunger Games and Divergent, but haven't read the dystopian classics...
- you should totally read 1984 by George Orwell (this one is brilliant) and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (actually, this one is rather clever as well)
If you have read the dystopian classics...
- you could try the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie, which I feel is a true heir to them
If you don't mind your vampires with a Southern feel...
- try Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin (yes, that one)
If you liked A Game of Thrones, try...
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (Locke is a self-serving Robin Hood with a penchant for getting into trouble)
- Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb (the protagonist is a bit of a drama queen, but Robin's writing and the story are so worth it)
If you like Criminal Minds, try...
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (the author writes a few chapters from the killer's point of view, and it's chilling)
Hope you enjoy yourself!