terça-feira, 13 de maio de 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon - Tuesday, May 13th

Pages read:
212 pages

Pages read so far:
304 pages

Books read:
70% (212/304 pages) of Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien

Books read so far:
Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien (finished reading)

Read-a-thon status:
It's been a great day for reading! The weather is delightful
and makes me want to be able to read all day long.
Also, I have to say, Promised nearly killed me.
For a series that disappointed me in the beginning,
with the first book, it ended up being such a
good series, and now I kinda love it.
(But I'm still not a big fan of book #1.)


Challenge: Bookish Battle Royal hosted by Christina @ My Life in Books
Choose three or more fictional characters as combatants – they can be haphazardly picked or themed (for example, I went with badass classic literature protagonists)
List three strengths and weakness for each contender (feel free to skip this step if you’re using social media to participate in Bout of Books i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads…)
Determine who would come out victorious and give a little explanation why you think they would win – get creative with the outcomes!
Link in the comments and if you tweet about this challenge make sure to use the hashtag #bookbattleroyal in addition to #boutofbooks because I want to see all your dueling characters!
I think I'm sitting this one out, in order to be able to dedicate myself a little to my reading.


Challenge: Books You're Looking Forward To hosted by Shannon @ River City Reading
Your challenge is simple: create a list of titles you're looking forward to reading. They can be upcoming titles in a specific season, titles that have been on your shelves, it's up to you!
I'm naming this list "Books aka Sequels I'm Looking Forward to Read that Come Out Until the End of 2014". And yes, I'm counting the short stories collections as well. I was going to put Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray here, since last time I checked it was supposed to come out in August this year, but apparently now it comes out April next year. *grumbling*

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Rivals in the City by Y.S. Lee
Four: A Divergent Story Collection by Veronica Roth
Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
Mortal Heart by R.L. LaFevers
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário