segunda-feira, 19 de maio de 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon - Wrap-up Post

Bout of Books

And this is the end of the Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon. I feel like I did really well this past week, and I'm happy with my reading this week. It was a fun read-a-thon, and I'm excited for the next one.

Let's take a look at my goals:
  • To read every day, and to read for at least an hour (maybe two hours) - I more than accomplished this; I probably read twice as longer as planned (2 hours) for most days.
  • To enter some challenges, if not all of them - I did well, too; I only missed a challenge of the 9 that were available
  • To update my progress every day, or most likely, every day I enter a challenge - I updated every day because I entered at least a challenge every day
  • To try to socialize - I was not so good at this one; I tried to participate a Twitter chat, but the thing itself is a bit overwhelming, so I only took a peek at it
  • To read 3 fiction books from my pile, and maybe one of the graphic novel or manga books in the pile - done and done; read 3 fiction books and a manga one

And let's do stats, because I love doing it:
  • I read 3 fiction books (Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien; Empower by Jessica Shirvington; Looking for Alaska by John Green) and a manga book (Neon Genesis Evangelion 3-in-1 Edition, Vol. 1 (#1-3) by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto);
  • I read 1568 pages, way better than the last few read-a-thons, and one of the best page counts overall in the read-a-thons I've entered - and it's almost twice as better as my average weekly page count this year (until the end of April - 796 pages);
  • This is an average of exactly 224 pages per day, which is also way better than most read-a-thons and twice my daily page count this year (116 pages);
  • The longest book was the Evangelion omnibus, for obvious reasons (an omnibus), and the shortest was Looking for Alaska by John Green;
  • I've been reading 3 books per week, in average, this year, and for this read-a-thon I've read 4 books, which is not significantly more - this means I read longer books for this read-a-thon, in average each book had 392 pages, which is double the average last BoB read-a-thon, but not so significantly higher than my average page count per book this year (258 pages).

And that's the wrap-up for this read-a-thon. Thank you to the hosts and everyone who hosted a challenge; thank you for the effort in organizing this.

Below are my posts for the read-a-thon, both the starting post as well as the daily update posts, which contain both my progress and my answers to the challenges.

2 comentários: