sábado, 7 de janeiro de 2012

Steampunk Reading Challenge 2012


For the record, this challenge is entirely jen7waters's fault. I was reading her blog last night, and she had this post about the challenges she was going to enter... and this challenge was mentioned there. I started to realize I had a few steampunk books in my shelves, then I realized I had more books than I initially thought, and then I realized I might buy a few more this year. So I might as well cave in and sign up for this challenge, to make me actually read the books instead of just buying them.

This challenge is hosted by Dark Faerie Tales. The sign-up post is here and it contains a couple of links to get you started on what steampunk is, exactly. The sign-up post and this blog have a compiled list of a few steampunk works.

I'm going to choose the "Gaslight" level (6 books), since I own at least as many steampunk books as that level, but I might upgrade the reading level later on. The books I'm planning to read are:

  • Steampunk! - An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories, anthology edited by Kelly Link and Gavin J. Grant
  • The Map of Time, Félix J. Palma
  • The Court of the Air, Stephen Hunt
  • Pavane, Keith Roberts
  • Vaporpunk - Relatos steampunk publicados sob as ordens de Suas Majestades, Brazillian anthology edited by Gerson Lodi-Ribeiro and Luís Filipe Silva
  • Soulless, Gail Carriger
  • Steamed, Katie MacAlister

I may read the sequels to the above books whenever they exist. With a little luck, I might also read this year the following books, which are sequels to steampunk books I've already read:

  • Clockwork Prince, Cassandra Clare (and I'd like to re-read Clockwork Angel)
  • Goliath, Scott Westerfeld
  • The Subtle Knife, Philip Pullman
  • The Amber Spyglass, Philip Pullman

And this is my "wishful thinking" list - the books I'd like to explore, but probably won't have time to, this year:

  • The Mammoth Book of Steampunk, anthology edited by Sean Wallace
  • Dead Iron, Devon Monk
  • Tin Swift, Devon Monk
  • The Iron Duke, Meljean Brook
  • Heart of Steel, Meljean Brook
  • The Iron Wyrm Affair, Lilith Saintcrow
  • Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances, anthology edited by Trisha Telep
  • All Men of Genius, Lev A.C. Rosen
  • The Girl in the Steel Corset, Kady Cross
  • The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, Kady Cross
  • The Greyfriar, Clay & Susan Griffith
  • The Rift Walker, Clay & Susan Griffith
  • Phoenix Rising, Philippa Ballantine and Tee Morris
  • Boneshaker, Cherie Priest
  • Clementine, Cherie Priest
  • Dreadnought, Cherie Priest
  • Ganymede, Cherie Priest
  • Steampunk, anthology edited by Ann VanderMeer and Jeff VanderMeer
  • Steampunk II: Steampunk Reloaded, anthology edited by Ann VanderMeer and Jeff VanderMeer

So enough of drooling over these titles, I'm going to sign up now.

3 comentários:

  1. LOL! Right, blame me! xD Ok, yes, it was my fault. :p

    A lista que está lá na página do host é tempting, não é? Eu estou de olho no The Iron Wyrm Affair, The Greyfriar e no Wicked as They Come (acho que não tens este último aqui na lista). *sigh*

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Lol, it totally is. :P

    Aquela lista é demoníaca! xD Sim, não juntei esse último porque tentei limitar a lista a livros ou autores dos quais já tenha ouvido falar... se me pusesse a procurar entre os que desconheço tenho a certeza que aumentava mais um pouco a lista. ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. yep, aquilo é coisa do demo, só pode *.*

    ResponderEliminar