domingo, 13 de julho de 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon 2014 - Starting Post

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon
The Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of July 14-24 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile! We know real life gets in the way and even if you can’t participate more than one day, you’re welcome to join in on the fun! - My Shelf Confessions

And another Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon begins! I always have fun on these, WWRead-a-thons make me feel free with my reading and with the challenges, which I can do anyday, so this is bound to be a few good days for reading. I don't expect to read more than the average, since I will be quise busy during weekdays, but I'll try.

For this read-a-thon, my goals are:
  • To read every day, and to read for at least an hour (two is preferable, if possible)
  • To enter some challenges, if not all of them
  • To update my progress every day, or most likely, every day I enter a challenge
  • To read 3 fiction books, and throw in some graphic novels, manga books, short stories, or novellas
  • Try to keep up with reviews, writing during this read-a-thon the ones for the books I'll read

As for the books I may read, here's my pile.

  • Dreams of Gods and Monsters, Laini Taylor
  • Becoming Marie Antoinette, Juliet Grey [Portuguese edition, Transformar-se em Maria Antonieta]
  • A Little Scandal, Patricia Cabot [Portuguese edition, Um Pequeno Escândalo]
  • All Lined Up, Cora Carmack
  • Rivals in the City, Y.S. Lee
  • Champion, Marie Lu
  • The Caller, Juliet Marillier [Portuguese edition, A Voz, not pictured]
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo vol. 1, Denise Mina, Leonardo Manco, Andrea Mutti
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier vol. 1, Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting, Michael Lark, John Paul Leon [Portuguese edition, Capitão América: O Soldado do Inverno vol. 1] 
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier vol. 2, Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting, Michael Lark, Lee Weeks, Stefano Gaudiano, Rick Hoberg [Portuguese edition, Capitão América: O Soldado do Inverno vol. 2, not pictured]

I may read some of the physical books on the picture, since DoGaM is long overdue (but I'll be quite busy, and Laini Taylor deserves my best attention, so maybe not), Juliet Grey's will be read this month for a challenge, and I'm trying to read Meg/Patricia Cabot's books as personal challenge. I hope to be able to acquire The Caller (not pictured) this week, and I adore the author, so that one is a possibility.

Then, there are the comic books I would prefer to read - TGwtDT is a recent aquisition, and I'm very curious; and I'm definitely reading Captain America: Winter Soldier, since the second volume comes out this forthcoming week in Portugal.

I was away for a few days, and when I arrived home today I had in my mailbox some notices to go to my local post office and pick up a few books that came for me. (That explains the pathetic, rushed job I did with Paint to represent those books.) I definitely will read Champion, because I should already be reading that one for a challenge (I blame the mailman for this one; if it came earlier, I could have read it while vacationing this week). And I'm terribly excited for All Lined Up (which also has been a nightmare to arrive here... I really have poor luck with the mail services) and Rivals in the City, so those are definitely an option. (If they are waiting for me in the post office, that is. Please be waiting for me in the post office. Please.)

To everyone who is entering the read-a-thon, good luck with your goals, and have fun!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário