quinta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2012

Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon - Thursday, August 9th

Pages: 264 (63 + 201)

Hours: 4 hours and a half

Books:
Havoc, Jeff Sampson
Foretold, Jana Oliver

I am weak. I had started Havoc early morning today, but then the postman brought me some ordered books and Foretold was among them! I got so excited I had to start it right away, even though I'm not one to abandon a book like this. Forgive me, Emily and Spencer, but Riley and Beck will always be first in my heart and my attention.


Challenge: The Flower Challenge hosted by Rachel @ Unforgettable Books
I have always liked flowers. They many amazing flower names and uses for flowers; from remembering love ones to gifts. For my challenge you can use any flower name and use it as the stem for an acrostic poem. I think this challenge is a great way to create a fun poem. You can complete this challenge as a blog post or in comments till the end of the read-a-thon, which is midnight, in whatever time zone you are in, on August 12th. The poem will be you describing why you like reading, blogging or any hobby you are passionate about. You can use a flower name as short as rose or as long as carnation!

I'm not sure whether to try this one. I suck at poetry, and the last try really exhausted me.

Challenge: Dystopian Challenge hosted by Christina @ A Reader of Fictions
Today's challenge is inspired by one of those suggestions, Diana Peterfreund's For Darkness Shows the Stars. FDStS is a dystopian retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion. I want you to leave a comment, telling me what classic novel you would like to see turned into a dystopian or post-apocalyptic novel. If you have some serious thought on why and how, I'll give you an extra point for entertaining me!

Wuthering Heights! The dark undertones of this novel fit perfectly with a dystopian/post-apocalyptic scenario. Imagine a dystopian society, where rank and social standing dictate everything you do - working, falling in love, even getting the most basic necessities! Two crazy kids fall madly and obsessively in love, but the social tensions break them apart, leading to a bitter ending.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário