quinta-feira, 16 de outubro de 2014

Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon 2014 - Starting Post

My Shelf Confessions
The Wonderfully Wicked Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of October 17-27 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile! We know real life gets in the way and even if you can’t participate more than one day, you’re welcome to join in on the fun! - My Shelf Confessions

Back for another WW Read-a-Thon, this time the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon. I enjoy very much entering the WW Read-a-Thons, they are fun and make me feel free both in my reading and in doing the challenges. (I love doing challenges in read-a-thons, but some days it just isn't possible to do them, so it's cool that these challenges are open during the whole week.) I'm so excited, and looking forward for the challenges coming our way. I hope it's a good week for reading as well.

For the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon, my goals are:
  • To read every day, and to read for at least an hour (two if possible)
  • To enter some challenges, if not all of them
  • To update my progress every day, or most likely, every day I enter a challenge
  • To read 3 or 4 fiction books, and mix it up with some graphic novels, manga books, short stories, or novellas (whatever floats my boat)

As for the books I may or may not be reading, here's a picture:
I have a personal project where I am reading or re-reading Meg Cabot's books, in order to celebrate the upcoming release (planned for 2015) of a new book in the Mediator and the Princess Diaries' series. Meanwhile, the Mediator book was delayed to February 2016, which means I totally wish I had started Princess Diaries first, since its new book is still slated for Summer 2015, as far as I know. (I really missed Suze, and I totally miss Mia and her shenanigans.) Currently I am close to finishing the Mediator series, and I had planned to read books 5 and 6 this month, so I expect to read them during the read-a-thon.

I expect to read a few comic books, and these are two examples of them - they are the Portuguese editions of Siege and Fear Ifself, a couple of recent events for Marvel. I also will read Rebel Angels by Libba Bray for a challenge this month, so I may read it during the read-a-thon.

There are so few books in the pile because I fully expect to go off pile. I just don't quite know what I'll be reading, so the possibilities are vast and never-ending, thanks to the huge TBR pile.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, that's a wrap-up for the starting post for Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon 2014. To everyone who is entering the read-a-thon, good luck with your goals, and have fun!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário