terça-feira, 21 de outubro de 2014

Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon 2014 - Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (19th-21st)

Pages read
Sunday: 244 pages
Monday: 288 pages
Tuesday: 32 pages

Pages read so far
1216 pages

Books read
Sunday:
68,1% (196/288 pages) of Haunted by Meg Cabot
14,3% (48/336 pages) of Twilight by Meg Cabot

Monday:
85,7% (288/336 pages) of Twilight by Meg Cabot


Tuesday:
5,7% (32/560 pages) of Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

Books read so far:
Vingadores: Cerco [Siege] by Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel (finished reading)
Thor e Capitão América: A Essência do Medo [Fear Itself] by Matt Fraction, Stuart Immonen (finished reading)
Homem-Aranha e Vingadores: Contos de Fadas Marvel [Marvel Fairy Tales] by C.B. Cebulski, Mindy Owens, Ricardo Tércio, Niko Henrichon, Nick Dragotta, João Lemos, Nuno Plati (finished reading)
Haunted by Meg Cabot (finished reading)
Twilight by Meg Cabot (finished reading)
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (currently reading)

Read-a-thon status:
The last two books from the Mediator series were so much fun! And a bit heartbreaking
too, I guess. If I didn't know another one is coming, I'd be so sad for being unable to keep
up with Suze and the gang. But that ending... when I first read it I had no idea how Cabot
was going to solve things, and it was quite impressive, such a neat and clever solution.
Though the seeds could have been planted a bit earlier... As for today, I did read, only
it was a quick, skimming/re-read of A Great and Terrible Beauty. So, though I did
spend quite a bit of time reading, I won't count it for my yearly tally, for the
read-a-thon or for my reading challenges. I'm not sure if I'll be able to start
Rebel Angels tonight, but if I do, I'll update here tomorrow.


Challenge: Scavenger Hunt hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
I am excited to be a host for the #WWreadathon. It’s time to dust off your Holmes hat, break out your Nancy Drew compass and grab your Scooby snacks. We are going on a Bookish Scavenger Hunt. Your task is to find as many of these objects on book covers as you can. Each item gains you an entry, and one winner will be chosen at random. Open internationally the winner will receive a book of their choose valued at 10.00 US dollars or less. Good luck and happy hunting!

a bird | bitten fruit | a lion | dominoes | shoes | fedora | a headless couple | crown/tiara | a sword | tree roots | a green dress | almost smooching | a cowboy | a witch | zombie | creepy house | an eye | a cat | large letters | blood

Have fun! To give you a little clue I found all of these items on Goodreads.  If you share your results on your blog leave a link below so I can see what you have found. Please do not leave book titles in comments. We want everyone to find their own titles. Remember to enter the books you found in the giveaway tool. Happy Hunting and reading!
Phew, this was slightly exausting. I mean it in a good way, because the cover hunt was fun, and many were quite easy to find... but it was maddening to look at so many covers to find one whose tree roots or fedora hat were just right. (What can I say, I'm a perfectionist. Small details wouldn't be able to be seen, so I wanted to pick a cover where these were a bit more obvious.)

Some of these are a bit more subjective, like the creepy house, so I chose one that looks creepy to me. Also, it's interesting how sometimes we never notice the details on covers. I'd never registered until now that this The Book Thief's cover has dominoes in it, and I must have seen it a hundred times. Well, here are my picks:


a bird | bitten fruit | a lion

dominoes | shoes | fedora

a headless couple | crown/tiara | a sword

tree roots | a green dress | almost smooching

a cowboy | a witch | zombie

creepy house | an eye | a cat

large letters | blood

Wow! Quite a variety of covers here... Well, that's it for the day. Happy reading!

2 comentários: