quinta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2011

2011 YA/MG Debut Author Challenge - Finished


This challenge was hosted by The Story Siren. This was the sign up page and this the FAQ. The books eligible for the challenge were in a couple of lists here and here.
Books Read for This Challenge:

As I gathered from the FAQ page, I could choose to read debuts as long as they hadn't been published before in my country, so I read mainly US debuts, but also some UK debuts (the books with a * in the list above are solely UK debuts).


As for the books I wanted to read, some were sadly left behind. Maybe I'll be able to read them later on. From the UK list, the following were not read:
  • The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
  • Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
  • The Duff by Kody Keplinger

    From the US list, the following were not read:
    • A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
    • Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
    • The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
    • Warped by Maurissa Guibord
    • Timeless by Alexandra Monir
    • Entwined by Heather Dixon
    • Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
    • The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
    • Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney
    • The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

    I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to read some of these titles, since they seemed exciting, but as I mentioned before, I might tackle them soon.

    We were required to read at least 12 books, and I managed to read about twice as that (25 books), so I can say I am quite proud of what I achieved. I didn't think I would be reading this many great books throughout the year, and I was pleasantly surprised.

    Sem comentários:

    Enviar um comentário