sábado, 12 de janeiro de 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Read-a-Thon - Saturday, January 12th

Pages: 114

Total pages so far: 998

Books:
The last 53% of Something Like Normal by Trish Doller

 Books read so far:
A Dance with Darkness by Courtney Allison Moulton
The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Stolen Night by Rebecca Maizel
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller


Challenge: Book Crack Challenge hosted by Bookgoonie
It is a new year and everyone is reflective. Reflecting on their goals for 2013 and possibly resolutions or things they want to change from 2012. We are going to reflect, but no resolutions here today. I don’t want to stain my year with the failure of goals I can’t stick to. So I want you to reflect and identify your deepest, darkest addictions. What is your Book Crack? What can you NOT SAY NO to? What bookish things make you blissful? (pictures if you can)

1 - Ordering online: seriously, I'm a big fan of online book stores. It's easy to order and I've found a few that don't charge shipping, so whenever a book interests me I'm always using them to check how much it costs. (Usually nothing comes out of it, though.) I always like to browse promotions to check whether anything interests me. Which leads me to...

2 - Bookish Promotions: I really can't resist a good bookish promotion, as long as the book interests me and the promotion is good enough.


You know when in a book an author painstakingly describes what a character is wearing? Not only is this usually quite annoying, it gets even worse if the character’s fashion sense makes you want to smack your head against your wall. What if you could dictate what the character was wearing? What would you put on them – something ridiculous, or something that would make them look wonderful?

My fashion sense may be duller (or worse) than some characters, so I'm not sure I should do this challenge...

2 comentários: