segunda-feira, 14 de janeiro de 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Read-a-Thon - The Wrap-Up Post

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

And another read-a-thon comes to an end. I love doing read-a-thons, it's a good excuse to dedicate myself to reading. And as a bonus, I get to do a lot of fun challenges and discover a few new blogs.

As for stats:
  • I read 2206 pages (average of 315 per day; or an average of 166 per day until Saturday, the remaining 1208 pages read in Sunday were from a few manga books I read)
  • I read 4 books, 3 were novel-length (The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke; Stolen Night by Rebecca Maizel; Something Like Normal by Trish Doller) and 1 was a novella (A Dance with Darkness by Courtney Allison Moulton)
  • I read 6 manga books (the whole Scott Pilgrim series - volumes #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, by Bryan Lee O'Malley)

As for my goals
  • I read every day, and though I didn't count the time, I believe it was always more than an hour every day; besides, I read more than my daily average page count last year (120 pages)
  • I entered many of the challenges (though not all of them)
  • I updated my progress everyday, on a daily blog post, along with the answers to the challenges
  • I did try to socialize - I visited a few blogs, though not many; and I wanted to check one of the Twitter chats, but I wasn't available for two of them, and the third I completely forgot *shame on me*
  • I read 4 books, two from my pile, and two off-pile, plus 6 manga books
 
I would say it was a successful read-a-thon, and I'm looking forward for the next one. I'd like to thank the hosts and everyone who hosted a challenge - this read-a-thon was so much fun. Below are my starting and update posts for the event:
Starting post
Monday, January 7th
Tuesday, January 8th
Wednesday, January 9th
Thursday, January 10th
Friday, January 11th
Saturday, January 12th
Sunday, January 13th

4 comentários:

  1. GREAT job! Did you like Scott Pilgrim? I really enjoyed it.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Yes, I did. It was a good surprise, how much I liked it - it was so much fun and geeky. :D

      Eliminar
  2. You did so amazing! I think I've read the very first Scott Pilgrim manga.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you! Oh, you should give the rest of them a try, it's a funny, quirky story about being a geek and a young adult. ;)

      Eliminar